Rose Petal & Vanilla Bean Apple Cider.
The combination of flavors was intriguing and easy to make (if you have rose petals on hand of course).
This drink was so warming, and the flavors layered each other perfectIy.
I can honestly say I felt such contentment drinking this cider, and I would go as far to say it made me a little bit giddy. If you are a foodie you know what I mean.
Rose petals have a special quality on the heart in the herbal world.
They are used when anxiety is indicated, and heartache.
So when the snow starts to fall, put this on the stove to simmer gently, invite a friend over and open up your heart.
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 6 cups apple cider (when available cold-pressed & organic is best)
- 1/3 cup dried organic rose petals
- Add the apple cider to a pot on the stove
- Slice the vanilla bean open and scrape out the delicious insides of the bean into the pot
- Add the rest of the bean to the pot
- Heat the cider over low-med heat until just a simmer
- Remove from heat, add the rose petals and cover to allow the petals to steep for at least 10 minutes
- Pour the liquid through a strainer, and bring back to the stove on low heat to keep warm as you spend the afternoon drinking cup after cup.
If you are interested in buying this wonderful plant inspired recipe book you can go to Amazon here or they may sell it locally at Kimberley Centex.